Trump told aides to deny internal polling showed him trailing Biden

Source: The Hill | June 11, 2019 | Rachel Frazin

President Trump told aides to deny that his internal polling showed him trailing former Vice President Joe Biden in key states, according to a new report from The New York Times.

Later, when the polling in 17 states conducted by Tony Fabrizio leaked, Trump told aides to tell reporters that other data showed him doing better, according to the Times story written by Annie Karni and Maggie Haberman.

The polling reportedly showed Trump behind Biden in a number of the states he needs to take to win reelection, though the Times report did not identify them.

“No one has ever asked us to lie about anything,” a Trump campaign official told The Hill in a statement on Tuesday. “The poll in question shows President Trump beating a defined Democrat opponent.”

Beyond Trump’s internal polling, a series of recent surveys have shown the president trailing Biden in several important states.

Last week, a Quinnipiac University poll found Biden 4 points ahead of Trump in Texas, a state Democrats haven’t won in the presidential election since 1976.

A different poll released last week found Trump trailing Biden and several other 2020 Democrats in Michigan, a state he narrowly won in 2016. 

………..

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Discussion
  •  EVERYDAY #29998

Lying is a hallmark of this administration. What else is new?

I don’t generally trust polls, especially when it’s still too early in a race that won’t happen till next year. I do think, however, that there are enough people out there, including those in traditionally Republican/conservative states, who have finally tired of the lies and broken promises put forth by Trump and the Republican Party. Many of those promises pre-date the Trump presidency, but Trump, even with a Republican controlled congress, could not or would not keep those promises.

I expect there will be a backlash at the ballot box next year. People may actually decide to vote outright for the Democrat nominee — whether it’s Biden or one of the other 200 Democrats vying for the presidency — figuring “what difference does it make who I vote for?” Or they may just decide to sit out the presidential election altogether.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.