Trump touts Goldman Sachs alum at rally after bashing Clinton for connections…

Source: The Hill | June 21, 2017 | John Bowden

Trump touts Goldman Sachs alum at rally after bashing Clinton for connections to firm

President Trump touted his economic adviser Gary Cohn at an Iowa rally Wednesday night, praising the Goldman Sachs alum for his management of the economy despite Trump’s history of attacking former presidential candidate Hillary Clinton over her ties to the company during the 2016 election.

“We have Gary Cohn, who is the president of Goldman Sachs,” Trump told the crowd, pointing to Cohn in the front. “He’s the president of Goldman Sachs. He had to pay $200 million dollars in taxes to take the job, right?” Trump continued. “So, somebody said ‘Why did you appoint a rich person to be in charge of the economy?'”

“I said, ‘because that’s the kind of thinking we want,'” Trump added. “Because they’re representing the country. They don’t want the money, they’re representing the country.”

“They had to give up a lot to take these jobs,” Trump continued. “They gave up a lot. When you get the president…this is the president of Goldman Sachs. Smart. Having him represent us, he went from massive paydays to peanuts.”

“These are people who are great, brilliant business minds, and that’s what we need, that’s what we have to have so the world doesn’t take advantage of us,” Trump said.

“And I love all people, rich or poor,” Trump added. “But, in those particular positions, I just don’t want a poor person, does that make sense?”

…….

Tagged: 

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #16792

EVERYDAY #16794

And didn’t Trump vilify Ted Cruz for his connections to Goldman Sachs, particularly, Heidi Cruz’s managerial position with the firm and a loan GS made to Ted Cruz? But ask Trump worshipers today why Trump embraces Goldman Sachs people for positions in his government after having denounced GS throughout the campaign, and all you’ll get is the silent treatment, or maybe some feeble excuse that these GS people are the best qualified for their jobs.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.