Trump Tweets Spur Threatening Calls to Carrier Union Boss

Source: RedState | December 8, 2016 | Susan Wright

It’s more bad behavior from Herr Trump’s alt-right goon squad.

Personally, I have little sympathy for unions. I’m pretty sure that’s a Yankee concept. That being said, we’ve got shades of Jimmy Hoffa hovering overhead, as a dust-up between Carrier’s union boss and Tweet Master Trump brews into something ugly.

Chuck Jones, president of United Steelworkers local 1999, which represents workers at Indianapolis’s Carrier manufacturing plant, said Trump “lied his ass off” about terms of a deal to keep jobs in the state.

After Trump blasted Jones in a tweet, Jones received calls from people threatening to come for him and asking what kind of car he drives, he told MSNBC, according to the Associated Press. 

“Nothing that says they’re gonna kill me, but, you know, you better keep your eye on your kids,” Jones said.

“I’ve been doing this job for 30 years, and I’ve heard everything from people who want to burn my house down or shoot me. So I take it with a grain of salt and I don’t put a lot of faith in that, and I’m not concerned about it and I’m not getting anybody involved. I can deal with people that make stupid statements and move on.”

That’s how I would handle it, actually.

What are the concealed carry laws in Indiana, by the way?

We know that to Trump’s loyalists, media, statistics, anything resembling iron-clad data or truth is rejected until Trump tweets it out. Large factions of those loyalists then react in the most base, unhinged way possible.

….

Tagged: ,

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.