Trump Urges Followers to Watch Fox News Host Who Demands Paul Ryan Resign

Source: Hollywood Reporter | March 25, 2017 | THR Staff

Judge Jeanine Pirro opened her show demanding that Ryan step down for his “failure” over Trump’s health care bill.

President Donald Trump tweeted a message on Saturday encouraging his followers to watch Judge Jeanine Pirro’s show, who opened her show immediately demanding that House Speaker Paul Ryan resign.

The Fox News host kicked off her show, Justice With Judge Jeanine, with her “Opening Statement” segment, which called for Ryan to step down after the GOP’s health care bill failed to gain enough votes to continue.

“Paul Ryan needs to step down as speaker of the House,” said Pirro, beginning her show. “The reason? He failed to deliver the votes on his health care bill, the one trumpeted to repeal and replace Obamacare. The one that he had seven years to work on. The one he hid under lock and key in the basement of Congress. The one that had to be pulled to prevent the embarrassment of not having enough votes to pass.”

…..

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #14672

Consistent #14673

Consistent #14674

EVERYDAY #14675

And so, the scapegoating begins.

Congress might have been able to dig up one of the old bills introduced during the Obama administration and pass that. Why they didn’t is a mystery. I suspect that Trump did not want to use any of the old bills. People say Trump has no involvement in this turkey of a bill and its failure to pass. I think he did. I suspect he told Ryan what to put in the bill, and Ryan did so, not knowing that Trump was setting him up. Trump really has no interest in a complete repeal and replacement of Obamacare and I’m reasonably sure he expected this bill to be opposed by conservatives.

I don’t like Paul Ryan, but in this situation, he is being stepped on. Trump will never admit his involvement in any failure and will look for someone to blame. Anyone who trusts Trump to stand by him, win or lose, is foolish.

Consistent #14676

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.