Trump: US Postal Service getting 'dumber and poorer' while making Amazon 'richer'

Source: The Hill | December 29, 2017 | Max Greenwood

President Trump insisted on Friday that the U.S. Postal Service should be charging online retailers, like Amazon, more to deliver packages, saying the service’s cheap delivery rates were making it “dumber and poorer.”

…….

Trump’s tweet came after “Fox & Friends” aired a segment about technology trends expected in 2018. Among them was Amazon’s bet on augmented reality, which would reportedly allow online shoppers to see how products would look in their homes before making a purchase.

Trump is known take to Twitter to comment on the news in real time, and Fox News is reportedly his network of choice.

…….

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #20649

Consistent #20650

by Brian McNicoll | Sep 1, 2017

Consistent #20652

ConservativeGranny #20655

Online retailers like Amazon have been keeping the USPS afloat. If it wasn’t for them the PO would be a thing of the past.

Trump should stick to the business of being President. This was not something he should be doing. Using his power as POTUS to take revenge against a business he is angry at should be an impeachable offense.

EVERYDAY #20656

I’d call it tortious interference.

But of course, Trump will never be prosecuted. He’s just like Obama and Hillary.

I’d like to know how putting a company like Amazon out of business helps to make America great?

ConservativeGranny #20668

I had to look that one up Everyday. I would say that is a good description of what he is doing.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.