Trump's Pearl Harbor

Source: The Resurgent | 4.30.2016 | Steve Berman

Donald Trump held a Pearl Harbor Day rally aboard the U.S.S. Yorktown in South Carolina on Dec. 7, 2015. Seventy-four years earlier, the Japanese surprise attack on Oahu took the lives of 2,403 men and women.

Of these, 2,008 were sailors, 109 were Marines, and 218 were Army soldiers. Only 68 civilians were caught in the carnage. The worst tragedy is the 1,177 dead from the battleship U.S.S. Arizona, many of whom were entombed (and still are) in its sunken hull.

Trump paid tribute to these, and the “Greatest Generation” that “beat back the Nazis and Japanese Imperialists” in his foreign policy speech delivered in Washington, D.C. on Wednesday. He then, as he has in the past, claimed that the 9/11 attacks were worse than Pearl Harbor (the comment was not part of his “official remarks” but half his speech was off-script). While I don’t think comparing the two events is useful in any way*, there are some lessons from Pearl Harbor that Trump supporters might consider about their candidate.

Let’s look at what caused Pearl Harbor. Yes, it was an intelligence failure, and a failure to act on known intelligence. But the very underpinnings of our vulnerability came from the doctrine Trump proposed. “America First” is not new.

AMERICA FIRST

The America First Committee was formed as an anti-war…

read more at: http://theresurgent.com/trumps-pearl-harbor/

Tagged: ,

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Discussion
  • slhancock1948 #5563

Very good article! I had forgotten about the America First group back in the pre-war years leading up to WWII.

Pray for righteousness to be restored and for the peace of Jerusalem

CA Surveyor #5574

We do need to expose what “America First” really means.

Turning a deaf ear to military intelligence is a killer every time.

Victoria #5577

I have been to the USS Arizona Memorial atop that ship twice. The second time I was taken there on the Admiral’s boat which made it feel more sober. There is an enormous wall with all the names there and you are above that ship knowing the bodies are still in that ship. That was in the mid 1990s, and oil from the Arizona was still coming to the surface. No one is the same after visiting the memorial. I have also been to the US Air Base there and after that attack, the bullet dings in the outer walls of the buildings are still there. The Japanese planes strafed those buildings with fire from machine guns and airmen dropped dead where they were.

One of these days, we are going to have an attack that kills more people than Pearl Harbor and the Towers, the Pentagon, and in that Penn. field. There are choices to kill us. A nuclear bomb blast in the atmosphere causing electric power to fail which will kill millions over time. A nuclear blast hitting the ground and killing many thousands. A malicious code that enters the internet and destroys power across the country which will kill millions over time. We are past planes dropping regular bombs and machine gun fire as Pearl Harbor and even planes going into buildings, etc..

Our military is a social group now instead of fighting men. Cruz would fix that. Trump says no one treats him fairly.

slhancock1948 #5581

Yes, Victoria, and I’d say it gets scarier every day. I PRAY that Ted Wins both IN and CA outright and with huge majorities! He needs to go ahead of Trump in the count so that Trump people cannot say Ted stole the election. IF Ted won it outright or went in with a larger # of delegates on the first round, he’d win on the first round.

Pray for righteousness to be restored and for the peace of Jerusalem

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.