Trump’s SCOTUS List is Meaningless because the Word of a Pathological Liar is…

Source: RedState | May 18, 2016 | Leon H. Wolf

Trump’s SCOTUS List is Meaningless because the Word of a Pathological Liar is Worthless

Donald Trump has released a list of people who he is apparently going to consider for Supreme Court nominees to replace Antonin Scalia. Off the top of my head the only two names I recognize are Sykes and Willett, who are of course great nominees.

As to the rest, I don’t really plan to do even cursory research about their records, neither do I care. The whole point of this is to allay conservative fears and “prove” that he is better than Hillary because at least he will nominate conservative justices to the Supreme Court. Trump even says so himself:

….

Look, if you’re an absolute sucker who’s decided to defenestrate your discernment in order to ease your conscience about pulling the lever for a mentally unstable person in November, you might believe this. If, however, you have a functioning long term memory, you will remember that Trump has lied or flip-flopped about literally everything during the course of this primary.

….

Doing this stuff comes as easily as breathing to Donald Trump. His unrelenting dishonesty and malleability even puts Bill Clinton to shame. And we are supposed to believe that this list, which costs Donald Trump nothing at all, is an iron clad promise and we can totally believe that this list isn’t just a “suggestion” or an “opening bargaining position” with Democrats, and that he won’t end up nominating another Souter.

Sorry, pass. I didn’t fall off the turnip truck yesterday.

Tagged: 

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #6314

Consistent #6315

Consistent #6316

Consistent #6317

Consistent #6320

Consistent #6321

ConservativeGranny #6322

Some people seem to actually want to be led down the primrose path. Is it just me or does Levin sound like he is looking for a reason to support Trump now too on his radio show tonight?

EVERYDAY #6335

I worked with one of the candidates (Tom Hardiman) at an ultra conservative law firm. But I can’t say for certain that he is truly conservative. The firm couldn’t overtly harrass or discriminate against any employee who wasn’t conservative, but there could be some subtle discrimination — e.g. being passed over for partnership — so most employees kept any contrary political views under their hats.

Well, as the article says, Trump lies like a rug. Who knows whether he’s serious about anyone on this list?

• This reply was modified 7 years, 10 months ago by EVERYDAY.
    Consistent #6340

Consistent #6341

Is it just me or does Levin sound like he is looking for a reason to support Trump now too on his radio show tonight?

That’s what I’m afraid of. Trump knows how to push hot buttons. Some of Conservatives never learn. This is also the part of Trump’s strategy in making deals: offer them the world to lure them in, then….

How can anybody with clear mind believe anything Trump says?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.