Tucker Carlson: Trump lawyer 'got angry' when pressed for evidence of voter fraud

Source: The Hill | November 20, 2020 | Jordan Williams

Fox News host Tucker Carlson on Thursday called out Trump campaign attorney Sidney Powell, saying she “got angry” when he asked her for evidence to support her claims of voter fraud.

During a press conference earlier in the day with Rudy Giuliani, Powell made the allegation that Denver-based Dominion Voting Systems used technology developed by former Venezuelan President Hugo Chávez, who died in 2013. She claimed votes were manipulated while being tabulated overseas to favor President-elect Joe Biden.

There is no evidence to the claim that votes were manipulated and it has been criticized by a number of conservative officials, including Sen. Joni Ernst (R-Iowa), who on Thursday called it “absolutely outrageous.”

Carlson said he repeatedly reached out to Powell for evidence of her claim and invited her on the show. He said her claim “could amount to the single greatest crime in American history” if it were true.

“When we kept pressing, she got angry and told us to stop contacting her,” Carlson said. “When we checked with others around the Trump campaign, people in positions of authority, they told us Powell has never given any evidence either. Nor did she provide any today.” 

He noted that Powell did say that electronic voting was dangerous but never proved that any vote was flipped to Biden from President Trump via software.

Carlson then said that he shared this information because it’s the truth, saying, “We care what’s true, and we know you care too.” 

……..

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #44867

Consistent #44868

Consistent #44869

Consistent #44880

Consistent #44881

EVERYDAY #44890

Carlson is a bit late to the party. People have been asking for this evidence for some time. Probably why most of the Trump cases have been tossed. Judges in particular don’t like it when a case is presented to them without any evidence.

I hear Giuliani claimed he has sworn statements (affidavits) from witnesses to this alleged fraud. Witnesses have been known to lie under oath, so affidavits and sworn testimony may not carry much weight without hard evidence to back them up. For an example, look at the Kavanaugh confirmation hearings. Allegations of sexual assault, but nothing to back them up. Witnesses can make a claim, but without evidence, the claim falls flat.

There is speculation these alleged affidavits and any evidence are being withheld till appeals are taken to SCOTUS. Well, I’m not so sure the justices would be ok with that. They would want to know why these things weren’t presented to the lower courts.

The Trump legal team should know all this. I can perhaps excuse Rudy because it looks like he’s lost his marbles, but why Powell and the rest of the attorneys would go along with this farce is a mystery to me, especially since this whole mess will tarnish their stellar reputations and could perhaps lead to censure or disbarment.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.