Uber CEO Travis Kalanick to take leave of absence

Source: The Hill | June 13, 2017 | Harper Neidig

Travis Kalanick will be taking an indefinite leave of absence from his post as CEO of Uber, he told employees in an email Tuesday.

“For the last eight years my life has always been about Uber,” Kalanick wrote in the email, which was sent to reporters by a spokeswoman.

“Recent events have brought home for me that people are more important than work, and that I need to take some time off of the day-to-day to grieve my mother, whom I buried on Friday, to reflect, to work on myself, and to focus on building out a world-class leadership team.

Kalanick’s decision to step down comes as the company undergoes massive changes and amid reports that Uber’s board was considering suspending the embattled CEO.

The company is struggling to deal with allegations of widespread sexual harassment one of a number of controversies and missteps that have dogged the company in recent months. The turmoil has led to the departures of several top executives. At the moment, Uber has no chief operating officer, chief business officer, chief financial officer, chief marketing officer or senior vice president of engineering.

On Tuesday, Uber released a list of recommendations from former Attorney General Eric Holder and Tammy Albarrán, an attorney, who were called in to investigate the workplace culture after the harassment allegations became public.

The board voted unanimously on Sunday to adopt all of the recommendations in Holder and Albarrán’s report to improve the workplace environment.

……

Tagged: 

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #16585

EVERYDAY #16586

I don’t know. Eric Holder? Sounds like a witch hunt.

As someone who doesn’t drive, Uber has been a godsend, but from day one, numerous groups have been out to get it. And the media has done its part to report every allegation as gospel truth, without a shred of evidence. There are forces which can’t stand free enterprise and a successful business.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.