US breaks 100K COVID-19 hospitalizations threshold for first time since January

Source: The Hill | August 26, 2021 | Dominick Mastrangelo

The United States now has more than 100,000 people hospitalized with coronavirus across the country for the first time since January, according to a new report. 

On Thursday, The Washington Post noted that hospitalization rates are highest in the southeastern United States, including Florida, where 17,000 people are hospitalized, and Texas, where another 14,000 are receiving care. 

Citing its own coronavirus database, the Post reported 2,100 children have been hospitalized nationally this month, topping 2,000 for the first time since August 2020. 

The newspaper added that about 148,000 new cases are being reported nationwide each day, a figure also not seen since January.

The major difference between January and today is the availability of coronavirus vaccines. Earlier this month, the Post reported nearly 190 million people have received at least one shot and another 163 million are fully vaccinated against the virus. 

……..

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #50135

EVERYDAY #50137

If you show stories like this to the anti-vaxers, they will tell you it’s fake news. One of them told me that it’s not really that bad in Florida and I said, show me the statistics you have. All he could say was that he has “friends” in Florida and they told him everything is fine. Yeah. Right.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.