Veteran Pens Open Letter Senator Cruz and All Concerned Americans

Source: Fury News | May 26, 2016 | Joshua Nybo

Dear Senator Cruz, and whomever else is concerned with the current state of affairs,

I am writing this letter to express my opinion, and offer my advice for your consideration, regarding the current speculation regarding the potential of some sort of collaboration or rapprochement between you and Mr. Donald Trump. I am writing this also in case you are considering succumbing to the well-known pressure from the entrenched party elites to endorse Mr. Trump in the name of “unity” of a political party. I am writing as one who is also being surrounded by clamor to pay homage to a golden calf, and to embrace ideas that I have always opposed, and renounce other ideas that I have held in higher regard than any party or organization. I am writing this as an open letter as well, for any who may desire words to consider regarding what we, who have thought ourselves lifelong Christians and conservatives, ought to do, now that our party (or former party) has seen fit to anoint a man utterly repulsive to everything we stand for, as its presumptive nominee.

I am not a man of such prose and eloquence so as to fully capture all the reasons why acquiescence in this would be terrible, but I will attempt anyway. Perhaps I need only point to the example of Dr. Ben Carson, who has sullied himself with the naïve notion that lending his good name and character to a man of Mr. Trump’s stripe will somehow benefit him, or America, or anyone except Mr. Trump. What has since become of him? Has Mr. Trump apologized to him even once, even in private, for comparing him with a child molester?

If you agreed to a similar fate, you would utterly cease to know what stature and respect you currently command, even in your difficulties. You would fade from all respect both in the eyes of the principle and the eyes of politics, as you would cease to stand out. You would simply be merely another anonymous face in the crowd of sycophants at a king’s court. By failing to be distinct, or principled, and merging with the vast sea of those who are cynical and corrupt, you would fail to be noteworthy any further. In addition, you would be accepting him and all the base lies he has spewed about you (and still worse, your wife and father, among others).

If you carry on the fight, however, know that you will undoubtedly pay a heavy price. Successful in the election or not, be assured that Mr. Trump and the leadership of the Republican Party, the same establishment that Mr. Trump has railed against in feigned outrage, will seek to end your career and public service. You will, like the rest of us who have refused to prostrate ourselves before him, be called a traitor, a coward, a spoilsport, a poor loser, and a shill for Hillary Clinton. Do not be deterred! Some have said that it is time to bend our knee to their messiah, that he may bring forth his contradictory and vague utopia. This I cannot do, as I know of only one messiah, and He has not walked among us for some two thousand years.

….

Supposing we were to bend our knee to this man, what would necessarily follow? Are we then to acknowledge the bankruptcy of all our principles? Shall we admit to the whole world that we have no answer to a statist populism, the inbreeding of liberalism with incoherent anger? Are we to become Democrats, and our party one of essentially the same ideas masquerading in a patriotic guise, promoting the illusion of any distinction? Where then will arise the counterpoint to these foolish and emotional notions that are strangling America? Will that shining city on a hill that was founded centuries ago be allowed to become a hollow and dead husk, for want of good men to champion its cause? If Mr. Trump is considered an acceptable compromise of everything we have ever claimed to stand for, then who exactly is too far? Will the legacy of Lincoln, Reagan, and others, truly be forsaken?

….

It is in light of these reflections that I prevail upon you to stay the course, to maintain the fight, to be the leader America needs, even if that does not bring you to the White House or other pinnacles of worldly power. While you must never succumb to the hubris that has become the hallmark of this interloper, I implore you to endeavor to be the last major voice of our American cause, especially if none other is able or willing to take that mantle or bear that wearisome burden. Even if the only person standing with you for our values, our principles, our basic American way of life, is me (and certainly I am not alone), then nevertheless stand you must!

Sincerely,
Joshua Nybo

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.