Violence is for Losers

Source: Conservative Review | 3.24.16 | Matt Kibbe
trump_protestors_fighting

I have been watching in despair as aggressive confrontation, provocation, and disruption by left-wing activists triggers more and more violent responses from the supporters of Donald Trump. There are no winners in this escalating violence. Everyone will lose.

I look at this current mess from the perspective of my personal history as an activist, a tea party organizer, and as a student of successful non-violent social movements. I was intimately involved in organizing the largest tea party rallies, including the September 12, 2009 March on Washington. What was most remarkable about that massive gathering of over a million activists was how perfectly peaceful and civil it was. Organizers, along with the U.S. Park Police, expected maybe tens of thousands. As a result, the infrastructure – law enforcement, barricades, health care support, the sound system, and the Porta-Johns – turned out to be grossly inadequate for the sea of humanity that descended on Freedom Plaza in Washington, D.C. that morning.

It should have been a disaster. Instead, it was beautiful chaos. Everyone was smiling, helping other people find their way, saying to others “sorry,” “excuse me,” and “thank you” as they struggled to move through the mass of humanity. No one was hurt, no one was arrested, and no windows were broken. Even protestors were engaged in conversation, not insults. We picked up our trash and left the National Mall spotless.

– See more at: https://www.conservativereview.com/commentary/2016/03/violence-is-for-losers#sthash.AFsZK53p.dpuf

Tagged: ,

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Discussion
  • slhancock1948 #3123

Yes, Trump HAS been inciting violence, which still has me thinking that he is not running to win the WH but to create enough backlash against republicans that people vote for Hillary. Honestly, if he were serious about winning the WH, you’d think that he’d act more presidential, tone down his rhetoric, actually give specific policy statements, not the “we’re gonna do this, it’s going to be great, we’re gonna have fun” nonsense.

Pray for righteousness to be restored and for the peace of Jerusalem

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.