Virginia man arrested at DC checkpoint with 500 rounds of ammunition, 'unauthorized' credentials: police

Source: The Hill | January 16, 2021 | Sarah Polus

A Virginia man was arrested Friday at an inauguration checkpoint in Washington, D.C., after police found him with an “unauthorized” inauguration credential and an unregistered hand gun with more than 500 rounds of ammunition in his car, according to authorities.

In a police incident report shared the The Hill by Metropolitan Police, the man was identified as Wesley A. Beeler of Front Royal, Va. Beeler presented a legitimate credential, however it didn’t grant him access to the restricted area he was seeking to enter.

He was denied passage through the checkpoint, located half a mile from the Capitol at North Capitol Street and E Street Northwest, after the credentials were checked against an approved access list, according to The New York Times.

NBC 4 reported that the man’s white Ford 150 truck was adorned with gun-related bumper stickers including two that read “Assault Life” and “If they come for your guns, Give ‘Em your bullets first.”

After a search of the vehicle, police located a loaded Glock 9MM pistol, 509 rounds of ammunition, a 17-round Glock magazine and 21 12-gauge shotgun shells, according to the police report. 

Beeler admitted he had the pistol when asked by police, according to NBC 4.

Beeler was arrested by U.S. Capitol Police and is charged with carrying a concealed weapon, possessing an unregistered firearm, unlawful possession of ammunition and possession of a large capacity ammunition feeding device, according to court documents.

……..

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #46546

Consistent #46550

EVERYDAY #46560

But if he indeed had an unregistered firearm, I don’t know that he was all that “safe” and this was a “misunderstanding.”

Still, it’s incidents like this that put people on edge and makes me fear for the new President, his family and all attending the Inauguration. There is chatter that the Trump coup brigade has plans for state capitals and large cities as well.

Thank God I live miles from the nearest big city, plus my little down is economically depressed with the usual gun and gang violence. If these Trumpies were foolish enough to come here, they would be met with the appropriate response from the gangstas.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.