Virginia native Ginny Thrasher, 19, shoots her way to first U.S. gold medal…

Source: Washington Post | August 6, 2016 | Nick Eilerson

Virginia native Ginny Thrasher, 19, shoots her way to first U.S. gold medal in Rio

Three years ago, then-West Springfield High junior Ginny Thrasher was the 45th-best junior air rifle shooter in the U.S. Saturday morning, the 19-year-old NCAA national champion stepped into the first medal event of the Rio Games — the women’s 10-meter air rifle finals — and did this:

….

Thrasher, a Springfield, Va., native who first fired a gun five years ago when she felled a whitetail deer while hunting with her grandfather, was one of eight competitors to emerge from the 50-woman qualification round this morning. She began her finals bid with a stunning bullseye that yielded a perfect score of 10.9, eventually outlasting Serbia’s top-ranked Andrea Arsovic and China’s defending Olympic champion Siling Yi.

….

Tagged: ,

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #9044

ConstitutionalConservative #9045

For me this will be the best story to come out of the Olympics, Ginny Thatcher…Now that’s American!

If I were to bet just based on what little was said in this story I would bet the young lady is a conservative, well she would have to be wouldn’t she; otherwise she would be ashamed of her past and ashamed of her family and would be proud to say so.
    What liberal would take their granddaughter out in the woods to shoot and kill a deer, after which see becomes so enthusiastic about shooting she wins an Olympic Gold Medal just 5 years later, yeah it is a good bet she has conservative values and she will have to keep her guard up as she will suffer the wrath of politically correct liberalism. They will try to shame her into joining their sick and sorry anti-second amendment movement as she would indeed be a valued prize.

ConservativeGranny #9049

Yes CC. I wonder how many of the talk shows she’ll be invited to?

I hope it reminds 3rd world scumbags that the US citizens are still armed and have good aim:)

Proud of Ginny.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.