Virtual Wall, Virtual Promises: The Reality Show Candidate's Virtual Reality

Source: Conservative Review | May 19, 2016 | Daniel Horowitz

For those taking comfort from Trump’s “list of Supreme Court nominees” and assuming that he will make good on his promise and actually fight the inevitable opposition from Democrats using all his political capital, take heed of what has become of Trump’s other big campaign promise.

Remember his promise to build the wall and deport illegal immigrants? Aside from the endless media coverage and name recognition, the immigration issue is probably what single-handedly propelled Trump to the GOP nomination. Now, take a look at the following statement from Rep. Chris Collins (RINO-NY), one of Trump’s most vocal surrogates in the media, with regards to building the wall:

“I have called it a virtual wall,” Rep. Chris Collins said in an interview with The Buffalo News.

“Maybe we will be building a wall over some aspects of it; I don’t know,” the Clarence Republican said of Trump’s proposed barrier to keep illegal immigrants and drugs from crossing the southern border.

Anyone who has fought in the trenches on the issues of immigration and sovereignty will immediately recognize the word “virtual.” Opponents of a border fence have suggested building a virtual or “smart” fence for years. The reason they suggest it is because it doesn’t work. Only a big, dumb, ugly physical fence works.

What about the deportations? The interview with the Buffalo News continues:

“I call it a rhetorical deportation of 12 million people,” Collins said.

He then gestured toward a door in his Capitol Hill office.

“They go out that door, they go in that room, they get their work papers, Social Security number, then they come in that door, and they’ve got legal work status but are not citizens of the United States,” Collins said. “So there was a virtual deportation as they left that door for processing and came in this door.”

Collins added: “We’re not going to put them on a bus, and we’re not going to drive them across the border.”

Normally, I wouldn’t lend too much credence to the words of one surrogate. But given that the New York Times is allegedly sitting on audio of Trump making light of his immigration views and that he has been all over the map on this issue in recent years, this is something the campaign must clarify. After all, Trump has already gone back on numerous issues since becoming the presumptive nominee and has said that every position he’s taken on the campaign trail is just a “suggestion.”

…..

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.