Watch father of slain Muslim U.S. soldier ask Trump: 'Have you even read the…

Source: Washington Examiner | July 28, 2016 | Kelly Cohen

Watch father of slain Muslim U.S. soldier ask Trump: ‘Have you even read the Constitution?’

The father of one of the 14 American Muslims who died while serving in the U.S. military in the years following Sept. 11 delivered a harsh attack on Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump.

“If it was up to Donald Trump, he never would have been in America,” Khizr Khan the father of Humayun S. M. Khan said in his remarks before the Democration National Convention Thursday night. Flanked by his wife, their son was killed in by a car bomb in Iraq in 2004.

“Donald Trump consistently smears the character of Muslims. He disrespects other minorities, women, judges, even his own party leadership. He vows to build walls and ban us from this country. Donald Trump, you’re asking Americans to trust you with their future,” Khan said.

Then, Khan took a small copy of the Constitution out of his pocket and said to Trump directly, “Let me ask you: Have you even read the United States Constitution? I will gladly lend you my copy.”

He also challenged Trump to visit Arlington Cemetery.

“Go look at the graves of the brave patriots who died defending America — you will see all faiths, genders and ethnicities,” Khan said with conviction. “You have sacrificed nothing and no one.”

….

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.