We Are Now Above the Number Necessary for a Minority Report on the Rules Comm…

Source: The Resurgent | July 11, 2016 | Erick Erickson

We Are Now Above the Number Necessary for a Minority Report on the Rules Committee

This is somewhat like leadership races in the House of Representatives. People tell you that they are committed until they get in to the room and get intimidated and lose the courage of their convictions.

But right now, it appears we have exceeded the 28 votes necessary for a minority report in the Rules Committee to free the delegates. Additionally, I know for certain that if there were a secret ballot we would have a majority on the Rules Committee willing to free the delegates.

The antipathy toward Trump continues to grow as the polling continues to look more and more dismal…..

….

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #7853

ConstitutionalConservative #7855

Can someone explain just how is it delegates can be intimidated, what do they do (and who are they) do they threaten their livelihoods, their families, do they threaten to take their very life just what can they do to them. How is it some are fearfully intimidated and others are not. As far as I know delegates are not even paid, maybe I’m wrong about that but I thought being a delegate was voluntary.

caliconservative #7873

Can someone explain just how is it delegates can be intimidated,
    =============
    You may be interested in this article from April:
    “Longtime Donald Trump ally Roger Stone is threatening to make public the hotel room numbers of Republican National Convention delegates who switch from Trump to another candidate. … “If you’re from Pennsylvania, we’ll tell you who the culprits are. We urge you to visit their hotel and find them. ”
    http://www.politico.com/blogs/2016-gop-primary-live-updates-and-results/2016/04/roger-stone-donald-trump-delegates-convention-hotel-221586

All Trump or his thugs like Roger Stone have to do is reveal the names and addresses of the delegates and the Trumpbots will do the rest–everything from harassing their families to violence against them and their property.

ConstitutionalConservative #7917

If you’re from Pennsylvania, we’ll tell you who the culprits are. We urge you to visit their hotel and find them.

Thanks, I do remember reading about this at the time and thinking there are always the weak and cowardly treading into waters too deep for them, it seems politics at every level is not for the meager and fearful, although it is commendable for wanting to engage they must get very little training as to the depths of the pit.
    I think instead of whining about them I should be thanking God for the few willing to stand strong.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.