Weinstein sentenced to 23 years following NY sexual assault trial

Source: The Hill | March 11, 2020 | Judy Kurtz

Harvey Weinstein — for decades considered one of Hollywood’s most prominent and powerful producers — has been sentenced to 23 years in prison in his New York sexual assault trial.

The prison term handed down by New York Supreme Court Judge James Burke was slightly less than the maximum sentence of 29 years that Weinstein faced.

In an unexpected move, Weinstein spoke ahead of his sentencing, reportedly telling the court he had “deep remorse.”

But, in an apparent reference to the “Me Too” movement, he said, “I think men are confused about all of this … this feeling of thousands of men and women who are losing due process.”

“I’m worried about this country,” Weinstein said, according to Variety. “This is not the right atmosphere in the United States of America.”

……..

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #36253

EVERYDAY #36260

Should have been longer in my opinion.

“Deep remorse” my eye. The only remorse he has is that his reign of terror has ended and he’s going to be in prison for a long time.

ConservativeGranny #36272

He rambles on about how this really isn’t men’s fault and what is this country coming to so what is he remorseful about? Has rape become a crime just recently?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.