What the Voters Did not Vote For in SC

Source: Conservative Review | 21 Feb. 2016 | Daniel Horowitz

The minute the polls close following a contentious election, the first question on everyone’s mind is: who won?  The question that is obviously never asked is: what won?  That is because issues are never on the ballot; only personalities are on the ballot.  

There are three indelible factors in politics that are often overlooked by those of us who live and breathe this stuff for a living.  1) Perception is reality, even if the reality is antithetical to the public perception of a candidate; 2) voters ultimately cast ballots for individuals based on persona, not a coherent set of principles; and 3) name ID is the single biggest determinant of success. 

As a result, political commentators all too often think that because, in their minds, candidate A believes in one set of principles and candidate B believes in another set of principles, voters who chose candidate A desired those policies and principles over candidate B’s.  Unfortunately, elections don’t work that way.  Many voters have no idea where a candidate really stands on the issues and often think their candidate believes the very opposite of his real position.   

– See more at: https://www.conservativereview.com/commentary/2016/02/what-voters-did-not-vote-for-in-south-carolina#sthash.H40o1Lq0.dpuf

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Discussion
  • slhancock1948 #1419

This is so frustrating, I have to admit. What is the purpose of the debates if people are ONLY interested in the personalities of the DC ruling class? This proves
    that the debates were worthless. Time wasters only.

I told my husband this AM that I am thinking of looking into a FOI letter to see whose campaigns Trump has given money to…especially Santorum, Huckabee, Rubio, Carson. I think we could very easily see why they continue to call Cruz a liar, even in the face of overwhelming evidence to the opposite. I don’t know how to do that, or if there is an official way it has to be done. Maybe I can contact a couple organizations that do this and see what they can tell me.

Pray for righteousness to be restored and for the peace of Jerusalem

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.