What these ‘preachers’ said about open marriages is unreal

Source: Conservative Review | August 1, 2016 | Steve Deace

Pro-tip: while your culture is careening towards rock bottom at breakneck speed, never ask “are we there yet?” For there is always another deeper chasm when you’re sprinting towards Gomorrah.

Case in point is a new FOX talk show titled “The Preachers,” since apparently “reason 6,666 why the church in America is so sick it’s poisoning the very culture it’s supposed to save” is just too dang long for the idiocracy to remember. The show got a three-week run that began July 11, so it has actually run its course for now. And if Allah truly does love us, the panel-style program featuring four “ministers” will simply be exiled to the whiskey-tango-foxtrot pit of Hell from whence it came.

….

One particular episode in question involves the actress and comedian named Mo’Nique, who won a best supporting actress Oscar in 2009 for her work in the movie “Precious.” The dignity inherent in that award apparently didn’t come with very big coattails for the rest of her life, because now she’s peddling her “open marriage” with her husband to a national audience.

….

No, the part that boggles the mind is how the – ahem – “preachers” reacted to Mo’Nique and her husband’s brazen ode to infidelity. Which is to say they giggled like school boys who just saw their first naked lady in a magazine.

It actually appeared that pastors John Gray, who is a musician and associate pastor at – trigger warning – Joel Osteen’s Self Esteem Cathedral in Houston, and Jamal Bryant, who is the pastor and founder of Empowerment Temple AME Church in Baltimore, were the ones enthralled by the testimony of the pagan pseudo-gods before them.

When Mo’Nique extolled the importance of “being open and honest with the person that I was going to spend the rest of my life with,” see that as she and her husband would be sleeping around if they wanted to long as they had “a conversation” about it, this is how REVEREND Bryant laughingly responded as he was applauded by an audience of sinners in need of a Savior:

I think that’s amazing. A lot of people think the church people are going to have a heart attack. I believed in open marriage. I just forgot to tell my ex-wife about it. It didn’t go well. But the key is that conversation.

Not exactly “Now go, and sin no more,” but I’m sure he meant well. That’s all that really matters when cracking open the “God is still speaking” gospel that includes new verses about how “You have heard it said that two shall become one flesh, but I say unto you that two can become a freaky foursome if you believe in it strongly enough and maintain open dialogue. So knock them there boots.”

….

“Who am I to tell her what she can and cannot do?” said Mo’Nique’s husband, Sidney Hicks. “And, if I did tell her what she could and could not do, is there a possibility that she could still do it anyway?”

“And then that’s called cheating,” said Mo’Nique. “And then that’s called what you guys consider a sin.”

That would have probably been a good time to tell Mo’Nique she was a harlot who had no idea what she was talking about, but no such luck. Why explain that sin is actually something that offends the very nature of God when God hasn’t been anywhere near the conversation up until this point.

Until, ironically, the harlot’s husband spoke again. That was the best part by far, and by that I mean the very worst. First, Mo’Nique taunted Reverend Gray by saying that he should ask his wife about what she really wants from the orgy menu, which you no doubt could have predicted by now that Reverend Bryant thought was simply hilarious.

Then these silky smooth words by the devil himself, I mean Mo’Nique’s husband, to Reverend Bryant: “When you have a gentleman like yourself who was able to make a joke about what you did, that’s the ingredients for a successful show. Because now you are a human being. You aren’t a pastor. You aren’t a preacher. You are a human being who has the Word of God that you try to inspire people with, but the humanity of it.”

Translation: As long as you never confront my humanity with my brokenness, you can tell me anything you want to silly preacher man.

There was never a single admonition or word of caution. Just chum in the water to help the darkness feast on the souls in the studio audience, as well as every FOX viewer who tuned in that day.

When it comes to Bryant’s belief the show “affords me an opportunity to reach people who have no relationship with God” (while never confronting them with their sin that estranges them from God). Or Gray’s insistence that “our job is to sow the seed. We won’t know until we get to heaven who we reached, but our job is to reach them without compromising and with integrity” (as he’s compromising his integrity), one thing seems abundantly clear.

The devastating words of Matthew 7:22-23 were intended for “preachers” such as these. 

Tagged: 

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #8858

Consistent #8859

Matthew 7:22-23

22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? 23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.