White House adviser regrets interview with 'foreign agent' Russian TV network

Source: The Hill | November 1, 2020 | Justine Coleman

White House adviser Scott Atlas said on Sunday that he regrets participating in an interview with a Russian TV network registered as a “foreign agent.”

Atlas, one of President Trump’s most trusted advisers on the coronavirus pandemic, tweeted an apology for doing the interview with RT, saying he “was unaware they are a registered foreign agent.”

“I regret doing the interview and apologize for allowing myself to be taken advantage of,” he said. “I especially apologize to the national security community who is working hard to defend us.”

……..

In his RT interview, Atlas, a neuroradiologist, criticized lockdown policies implemented due to the pandemic, saying they are “killing people,” according to Business Insider

Public health officials have sometimes supported these policies to limit the spread of the virus and ensure people are not in close contact with one another, but most states haven’t been under full lockdowns since the early summer. 

“It’s a deadly pandemic, there’s no understating that,” Atlas said. “We’ve had 230,000 lives roughly lost from the virus and certainly many lost from the policy of shutdowns.”

“The lockdowns will go down as an epic failure of public policy,” he added. “The argument is undeniable. The lockdowns are killing people.” 

Atlas also alleged that shutdowns and other coronavirus restrictions are “creating a generation of neurotic children” and leading more college students to kill themselves “due to the lockdown,” Business Insider noted.

……..

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #44100

Consistent #44101

Consistent #44102

Consistent #44103

Consistent #44104

Scott W. Atlas @SWAtlasHoover
    · Oct 31
    New interview. Lockdowns, facts, frauds … if you can’t handle truth, use a mask to cover your eyes and ears

#FactsMatter #LockdownsKill

Consistent #44105

EVERYDAY #44107

Trump hires only the best…idiots.

Consistent #44117

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.