Why There Is No Greater Friend of the Jewish People Than Ted Cruz

Source: Haarezt | 4.18.2016 | Nick Muzin

I want to tell you about the person I have worked with closely for the past two years: Not a day goes by that Ted Cruz doesn’t think about the Jews and Israel.

JTA —  King Solomon tells us in Proverbs: “The heavens are for the heights, and the earth is for the depths, and the hearts of kings no one can ponder.”
It is impossible to know what kings and leaders of nations have in their hearts. With myriad pressures and responsibilities, what truly motivates them? How will they behave toward the Jewish people once they attain power?
I want to tell you about the person I have worked with closely for the past two years. Sen. Ted Cruz is not just my boss, but has become my mentor and my friend. We have traveled the country together; I have seen him in good times and bad. We have worked side by side on some of the biggest issues facing America and the world. I have watched him speak in synagogues in Los Angeles, Miami and New York; spend Passover in Texas and California; listen to the shofar, bake matzah, read the Megillah and light the menorah.

There is no greater friend of the Jewish people and of Israel.
We started together in the summer of 2014, a very bitter and difficult summer, with a war raging between Israel and Hamas in Gaza. Early that summer three innocent Israeli teenagers were kidnapped in the West Bank. Senator Cruz took to the Senate floor… 
read more: http://www.haaretz.com/world-news/u-s-election-2016/1.715149

read more: http://www.haaretz.com/world-news/u-s-election-2016/1.715149

Tagged: ,

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Discussion
  • slhancock1948 #4712

You’ll want to read it all. I grew up with a lot of Jewish friends, went to a Jewish Nursing School in a Jewish Hospital…in the middle of Bedford-Stuyvesant, and I’m from Kokomo, IN.

Anyway, that said, I’ve always had a deep love for God’s people. I realize they are not perfect, but Scripture says that those who are friends to Israel will be blessed by Him and those who are antagonistic to Israel will see His wrath and judgment. Yes, we are to hold Israel accountable for the times when they are wrong, but that does not mean abandoning them. I’ve been to Israel 4 times, and I have to say that as a believer, I felt that I’d come home when I got there. You sometimes have to overlook some of their attitudes, as they think that Christians are cults. But, on the other hand, we had very good experiences there, as well. They are a cautious people, don’t easily trust. Can’t blame them. Even some “Christians” go there to blame them, cast “stones” at them for the death of Christ. They are sensitive about that, which makes it hard to evangelize them.

Our son and daughter-in-law (she’s from Colombia, was studying in Jerusalem) met in Israel, and they felt that they’d try to evangelize. They went to Sederot many times after the rockets landed to help the people and pray with them. They would often go downtown Jerusalem and walk around, looking for people who seemed to need help and ask to pray with them. It was always a door that was open. Prayer…who would refuse prayer?

My heart breaks that when Antichrist comes into power 2/3rds of the Jews will be killed by him, only one third will escape to find shelter and be saved when Christ presents Himself to them and they receive Him as their Messiah. Israel is back in the land in unbelief, but one day, after the greatest holocaust of all time, they will understand and accept their Redeemer.

I am so glad that Cruz loves them, too! Trump (Drumpf) cannot even make up his mind, probably doesn’t even know that Jerusalem is their capitol, not Tel Aviv.

Here is a beautiful song that you’ll recognize, done in Portugeze by a Brazilian choir (my other daughter-in-law is from Brazil!) :

Pray for righteousness to be restored and for the peace of Jerusalem

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.