With hospital system near collapse, Miss. begs for hospital ship to rescue state

Source: The Hill | August 12, 2021 | Adam Barnes

With hospital system near collapse, Mississippi begs for hospital ship to rescue state

“The Mississippi hospital system will fail within the next five to seven or 10 days if the current trajectory continues,” University of Mississippi School of Medicine Dean LouAnn Woodward said.

Surging coronavirus cases in Mississippi led state health officials to request a military ship from the Biden administration to prevent the collapse of its healthcare system. 

The state’s senior deputy and director of health protection Jim Craig told reporters Mississippi requested a military hospital ship like the USNS Comfort, which treated ailing patients in New York last year, according to ABC News.

“We began conversations with them,” Craig said during a briefing, per ABC. “The way that you do that is to put a request in for the resource. So we have requested information about how the USNS Comfort and-or its resources could … come and provide assistance in the state of Mississippi.”

University of Mississippi School of Medicine Dean LouAnn Woodward said Wednesday the University of Mississippi Medical Center is treating 127 COVID-19 patients, 26 of them are children, ABC reported. Woodward added that 90 percent of the patients hospitalized due to the virus are unvaccinated. 

“The Mississippi hospital system will fail within the next five to seven or 10 days if the current trajectory continues,” she said.

……..

Tagged: ,

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #49966

EVERYDAY #49970

All because so many refused to be vaccinated. I’m so glad I’m not in health care because if I was presented with a patient whos refused the vaccine and is gasping for air, I’d wheel him out to the parking lot and dump him. Yes, I know that’s not the Christian attitude to take, but these days I’m royally pizzed at the COVID deniers and anti-vax/anti-mask bunch for what they have done.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.