Writer E. Jean Carroll accuses Trump of sexually assaulting her in 1990s

Source: The Hill | June 21, 2019 | Brett Samuels

A longtime author and advice columnist has alleged in a forthcoming book that President Trump sexually assaulted her in the mid-1990s, according to an excerpt published Friday by New York magazine.

E. Jean Carroll, the columnist behind “Ask E. Jean” in Elle magazine, alleged the incident took place in the dressing room of a Bergdorf Goodman department store in New York City. Carroll said she did not report the incident to the police, but told two close friends about it at the time.

New York magazine says both of the friends have confirmed Carroll’s account.

The White House did not respond to a request for comment from The Hill, but a senior official disputed the allegation in a statement to New York magazine.

“This is a completely false and unrealistic story surfacing 25 years after allegedly taking place and was created simply to make the President look bad,” the official said.

Trump later issued a statement denying Carroll’s account. He insisted the two had never met — though New York magazine included a photo of the two of them and their spouses at a party around 1987 — and suggested she was financially or politically motivated to come forward.

……….

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #30188

EVERYDAY #30189

I find it distasteful to have to stick up for Donnie, but I’m not buying Miss Carroll’s story. This incident allegedly occurred in the 1990s. Miss Carroll was born in 1943, which means she would have been in her early 50s in the mid-1990s. Why would a woman that age go into a dressing room with a man unless she was impaired or just stupid? This woman gives advice? Heck, if her account is true, I don’t know that I would want to take any advice she gives.

In addition, Miss Carroll’s story is much like the ones that came out against Justice Kavanaugh and Roy Moore — allegations of wrongdoing that might have occurred decades earlier with no real proof and no criminal charges brought. And she supposedly told two friends about the incident at the time it allegedly happened. Sorry, but telling one’s friends does not constitute evidence that an assault occurred.

Donnie really didn’t have to answer the charges and he probably shouldn’t have because, once again, he has felt compelled to lie abut having met her even though there is photographic proof that he did.. Even if the assault did take place, it matters nothing to his loyal fans who will still vote for him next year. And we all know his reputation when it comes to women. Hate to say it, but I think most people really don’t care anymore. My distaste for him comes from more important issues such as his incompetence as president.

Consistent #30197

Consistent #30236

Consistent #30250

Consistent #30251

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.