Zelensky returns home after US visit: ‘We are working toward victory’

Source: The Hill | December 23, 2022 | Julia Shapero

Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky returned home to Ukraine on Friday, following his visit to the United States earlier this week.

“I am in my office,” Zelensky said in a video posted to Telegram early Friday, according to The New York Times. “We are working toward victory.”

Zelensky traveled to the U.S. on Wednesday to meet with President Biden and American lawmakers and speak before a join meeting of Congress. It was his first known trip outside of Ukraine since Russia invaded nearly 10 months ago.

……..

“We are returning from Washington. We are coming with good results, with something that will really help,” Zelensky said in his nightly address to the Ukrainian people on Thursday, as he headed home.

“I thank President Biden for his help, his international leadership, and his determination to win,” Zelensky added. “I am grateful to the Congress of the United States — both houses, both parties, all those who support Ukraine, all those who want victory as much as we all do. There will be victory!”

Zelensky also made a brief stop in Rzeszów, Poland, on his way back to Ukraine on Thursday to meet with Polish President Andrzej Duda.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.