Zuckerberg visits Iowa as part of US tour

Source: The Hill | June 24, 2017 | Julia Manchester

Facebook founder and CEO Mark Zuckerberg visited Iowa this week as part of his New Year’s resolution to tour the United States.

Zuckerburg visited several of the state’s small towns. The technology executive said while he has come across small towns that are struggling, he has also come across towns that have grown and continue to grow.

“I’m visiting small towns in Iowa, and just stopped in Wilton, population 2,800,” Zuckerberg wrote in a Facebook post on Friday.

“In the last generation, there has been a real divergence between opportunity available in small towns and big cities. I’ve seen many struggling small towns this year, but I’ve also seen small towns like Wilton that are growing,” he continued.

The billionaire executive’s tour of the country, which he has dubbed “A Year of Travel,” has fueled speculation he could be mulling a 2020 presidential bid. His stop in Iowa, which hosts the first voting contests of the presidential primary season, is likely to add further speculation.

Zuckerberg has taken to making stops in many economically depressed areas that President Trump worked to win over in 2016. 

…….

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.