Attorney dressed as the Grim Reaper protests on Florida beaches

Source: The Hill | May 2, 2020 | Morgan Gstalter

The attorney who sued Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) in an effort to close access to the state’s beaches has taken to dressing as the Grim Reaper try to scare away beachgoers.

Daniel Uhlfelder on Friday hit the sand in a ragged black robe and hood, wielding a scythe and ominously standing behind bikini-clad residents.

He tweeted that he began dressing as the collector of death “to remind Floridians of the importance that we stay home and protect one another.”

In an interview with a local ABC affiliate that went viral on social media, Uhlfelder called the governor’s move to reopen public beaches “premature.”

“I think that the danger of bringing all the people here to our area and spreading the virus, I think it is going to prolong the recovery we have and I think that we should take better measures. Drawing people from all over the world to our beautiful beaches, it’s too soon and it’s not appropriate,” Uhlfelder said in the clip, which gained more than 7.4 million views on Twitter.

The lawyer plans to take the Grim Reaper costume around to other Florida beaches.

………

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.