Biden on accusations: I have never intentionally acted 'inappropriately'

Source: The Hill | March 31, 2019 | Alicia Cohn

Joe Biden on Sunday said he does not believe he has “acted inappropriately,” but “if it is suggested I did so, I will listen respectfully.”

The former vice president and likely 2020 Democratic presidential candidate is facing accusations that he kissed a woman’s head without consent in 2014. Former Nevada state assemblywoman Lucy Flores made the accusation in an op-ed on Friday.

“I may not recall these moments the same way, and I may be surprised at what I hear,” Biden said in a new statement released by his spokesman on Twitter. “But we have arrived at an important time when women feel they can and should relate their experiences, and men should pay attention. And I will.”

The new statement builds on Biden’s initial reaction to Flores’s accusations, when he said he did not recall the incident she described but supported her right to speak about it.

According to Flores, at a campaign rally supporting her bid for lieutenant governor in Nevada while Biden was vice president, he came up to her from behind, put his hands on her shoulders, inhaled her hair and kissed her on the back of her head.

……..

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.