Carlson text about ‘how white men fight’ alarmed Fox leaders before ouster

Source: The Hill | May 3, 2023 | Dominick Mastrangelo

Tucker Carlson text about ‘how white men fight’ alarmed Fox leaders before ouster: report

A text message sent by former Fox News host Tucker Carlson about a video he saw of the violence that broke out during the Jan. 6, 2021, attack on the Capitol alarmed the network’s leaders just days before he was ousted from the cable news giant, according to a new report.

In the message, sent to one of the top-rated host’s producers, Carlson wrote he was “watching video of people fighting on the street in Washington. A group of Trump guys surrounded an Antifa kid and started pounding the living shit out of him,” according to The New York Times.

“It was three against one, at least. Jumping a guy like that is dishonorable obviously. It’s not how white men fight,” Carlson said. “Yet suddenly I found myself rooting for the mob against the man, hoping they’d hit him harder, kill him. I really wanted them to hurt the kid. I could taste it.”

In its report, the Times said it had learned the contents of Carlson’s message, which had been previously redacted in court filings made by Dominion Voting Systems as part of the company’s blockbuster defamation lawsuit against Fox. The network last month agreed to pay $787 million to settle the case out of court.

Carlson’s text about the video he saw reportedly set off panic among Fox’s board and top levels of executive leadership, with officials worrying the contents of those messages could become public and prove embarrassing for the network. During the trial, attorneys for Dominion and several leading national news organizations had pushed for the judge overseeing the case to unredact some of the contents of messages from Carlson and other top hosts and leaders at Fox.

Carlson wrote in the message that as he watched the video “somewhere deep in my brain, an alarm went off: this isn’t good for me. I’m becoming something I don’t want to be.”

“The Antifa creep is a human being. Much as I despise what he says and does, much as I’m sure I’d hate him personally if I knew him, I shouldn’t gloat over his suffering,” the host said. “I should be bothered by it. I should remember that somewhere somebody probably loves this kid, and would be crushed if he was killed. If I don’t care about those things, if I reduce people to their politics, how am I better than he is?”

……..

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #57932

EVERYDAY #57933

Used to like Carlson back in the day when he wore a bow tie and was on CNN. But like so many others, once he became a Trumpy and a shill for Russia, he became insufferable. Was he always racist? Maybe. Like so many other Trumpies, he may have kept his true self hidden. When Trump came along, he brought out the worst in people. It’s a shame how many people have ruined themselves for him.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.