Cheney calls out Fox over new Tucker Carlson promo

Source: The Hill | October 28, 2021 | Dominick Mastrangelo

Rep. Liz Cheney (R-Wy.) is one of several Republicans blasting Fox News Media for a promotional video teasing an upcoming episode of leading host Tucker Carlson’s mini-series “Tucker Carlson originals.”

The episode, which will only be broadcast on Fox Nation, the company’s paid streaming service, is set to be published in three parts next month and examines the Jan. 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol and purports to tell “the true story behind 1/6.” 

“The helicopters have left Afghanistan and now they’ve landed here at home,” Carlson is seen saying on the promotional video. “They’ve begun to fight a new enemy in a new war on terror.” 

Another woman apparently interviewed for the piece says on the video “false flags have happened in this country, one of which could have been Jan. 6.” 

Cheney, a Republican on the select committee to investigate the attack that day who emerged as a leading critic of former President Trump in the days following the incident at the Capitol, ripped Fox News Media for “giving [Carlson] a platform to spread the same type of lies that provoked violence on January 6.” 

“As [Fox News] knows, the election wasn’t stolen and January 6 was not a ‘false flag’ operation,” she said. 

……..

Geraldo Rivera, a longtime Fox News contributor, suggested in an interview with The New York Times that Carlson may be trying to intentionally provoke people with the content he and his team create.

“Tucker’s wonderful, he’s provocative, he’s original, but — man oh man,” Rivera said. “There are some things that you say that are more inflammatory and outrageous and uncorroborated. And I worry that — and I’m probably going to get in trouble for this — but I’m wondering how much is done to provoke, rather than illuminate.”

Rivera continued: “He’s my colleague. He’s my family. Sometimes you have to speak out about your family.”

……..

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.