Cheney: McCarthy ‘sad’&‘pathetic’ for saying he’d serve in Trump admin

Source: The Hill | December 12, 2023 | Nick Robertson

Cheney calls McCarthy ‘sad’ and ‘pathetic’ for saying he’d serve in Trump administration

Former Rep. Liz Cheney (R-Wyo.) went after Rep. Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) on Monday, calling the former Speaker “sad” and “pathetic” for saying he’d be willing to serve in a second Trump administration.

Her criticism follows McCarthy’s claim Sunday that he’d take a role “in the right position” and “if I’m the best person for the job.” The California Republican announced he will resign at the end of the month.

Cheney was surprised and confused at his remarks.

“I can’t explain it,” she said in an interview with MSNBC. “It’s pathetic. There’s sort of an element of — it doesn’t really matter what Donald Trump has done to the country, what Donald Trump has done to the Congress, Donald Trump has done to Kevin McCarthy…”

“To him!” host Jen Psaki interjected.

“Yeah, it’s just kind of, you know, going back for more,” Cheney replied to the former White House press secretary. 

She continued, “I think it’s sad, but I also think history’s going to show that Kevin’s unwillingness to do the right thing, and you know, sort of each time that decision came, did real damage.”

……..

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.