Cruz being considered to replace Sessions: report

Source: The Hill | July 24, 2017 | Jacqueline Thomsen

President Trump and his advisers are floating possible replacements for Attorney General Jeff Sessions — and the list includes Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas), The Washington Post reports.

Cruz and former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani (R) are reportedly among the candidates Trump’s team is considering to replace Sessions, though Giuliani said earlier in the day that he’s not being considered.

Trump has repeatedly said that he is disappointed by Sessions’s decision to recuse himself from the probe into ties between the Trump administration and Russia, saying in an interview last week that he would have never hired Sessions if he knew he would recuse himself.

Trump also slammed Sessions in a tweet Monday morning, asking why our “beleaguered A.G.” wasn’t investigating ties between Hillary Clinton and Russia.

Giuliani denied reports that he was up for Sessions’s spot earlier Monday and defended the attorney general’s decision to pull himself from the probe, saying it was “the right decision.”

…….

Tagged: ,

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #17639

Consistent #17640

Consistent #17644

EVERYDAY #17650

I would like to think Cruz would be smart enough not to join the revolving door Trump administration and possibly wreck any hopes for winning the presidency in 2020 or whenever. But then Cruz did endorse Trump after Trump all but destroyed his career last year.

ConservativeGranny #17655

Cruz has issued a statement:

“Jeff Sessions is a friend and a strong conservative. I was proud to vote to confirm Jeff and to vigorously defend his confirmation, and I’m deeply gratified that we have a principled conservative like Jeff Sessions serving as Attorney General,” Cruz said in a statement on Monday night.

“The stories being reported in the media tonight are false. My focus is and will remain on fighting every day to defend 28 million Texans in the US Senate.”

EVERYDAY #17656

Good!

Consistent #17658

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.