Deadly storms claim lives in Georgia

Source: CNN | January 22, 2017 | Jay Croft and Vivian Kuo

(CNN) – At least 12 people were killed in severe weather that struck southern Georgia on Saturday night and Sunday, bringing the weekend death toll from storms to 16 across the Southeast.

The deaths were confirmed by Georgia Emergency Management Agency spokeswoman Catherine Howden. She said the agency was working to assess the damage.

….

GEMA said eight people died in Cook County, and two each in Berrien and Brooks counties, in a largely rural area along I-75 between Albany, Georgia and Lake City, Florida.

The storm leveled the Sunshine Acres Mobile Home Park near Adel, where seven of the deaths were reported, according to Lamar Ray, Cook County’s emergency management director.

….

Tagged: ,

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #13037

slhancock1948 #13038

Prayers up for all! We live nearer the FL border and had so much rain that we had to remove the boards we’d placed along the bottom of our wooden fence to keep the snakes out. The water was up eight inches on my boots until we were able to let it go under the fence and drain into the ditch. Our chicken didn’t know what to do. She was in, then out, looking for food, then in again! Poor baby…I took her some food from our table and she was thrilled.

Adel is not far from where we live, and most of our neighbors and friends have family there. We are not native Georgians…moved here in 2011. Church was cancelled for the entire day.

Alabama seems to get a lot of bad weather. But Albany , GA, was hit very hard, too! We have a friend who lives there. Waiting to see if she is okay.

Pray for righteousness to be restored and for the peace of Jerusalem

Consistent #13042

I’m glad that you and your family are safe.

Yes, prayers up for all!

Consistent #13045

EVERYDAY #13051

Prayers up for everyone affected in that storm. Hope your friend is ok.

slhancock1948 #13084

Thank you, everyday…yes, she was okay. Actually, she was going to go out to see where she could help today. I’m glad she’s okay and glad that she is willing to help.

Pray for righteousness to be restored and for the peace of Jerusalem

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.