Eric Trump: My father has 'zero conflicts of interest'

Source: Politico | June 6, 2017 | Louis Nelson

Eric Trump, one of President Donald Trump’s two adults sons who have taken over the family’s business, said in an interview that aired Tuesday that he still discusses profit reports and certain other business issues with his father, who has sworn off any involvement in the family’s dealings.

Those discussions are not inappropriate, Eric Trump told ABC’s “Good Morning America,” because the president cannot, by law, have any conflicts of interest.

“We don’t talk about the activities. We don’t talk about what we’re doing in the business. We don’t — we just don’t mix,” Eric Trump said in a pre-taped interview that aired Tuesday morning, in which he also told reporter Tom Llamas that he had shared profit reports with the president. “It doesn’t blur the lines. You’re allowed to show that and remember, the president of the United States has zero conflicts of interest. Zero.”

Donald Trump, perhaps the wealthiest man ever to assume the presidency, arrived at the White House with a complex web of financial and business entanglements, the full breadth of which he and his businesses have been unwilling to fully reveal. The president refused to divest himself entirely from his family’s business empire but has instead entrusted full control of it to his two sons, Eric Trump and Donald Trump Jr.

…….

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #16388

EVERYDAY #16390

Forgive me, Eric, if I don’t believe you or your father.

ConservativeGranny #16414

Just read about charging the charity using Trump’s golf course a lot of money that went into the Trump coffers. No conflict of interest Eric?

It is no conflict of interest that foreign diplomats in DC to lobby for their interests are staying at the Trump hotel?

These people are just like the Clintons only with more kids.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.