Ex-Trump aide Sebastian Gorka claims he was told to cooperate with 'Fire and Fury' author

Source: Washington Examiner | January 8, 2018 | Sarah Westwood and Gabby Morrongiello

Former White House national security aide Sebastian Gorka wrote in an op-ed on Monday that he was urged to cooperate with Michael Wolff for his book about the Trump White House, though he ultimately declined to speak with the Fire and Fury: Inside the Trump White House author.

Decrying Wolff’s tell-all book as a “politically-motivated publication,” Gorka said he first encountered the author as he was waiting inside the West Wing to speak with then-White House chief strategist Steve Bannon.

“[W]hen I met Michael Wolff in Reince Priebus’ office, where he was waiting to talk to Steve Bannon, and after I had been told to also speak to him for his book, my attitude was polite but firm: ‘Thanks but no thanks,'” Gorka wrote in The Hill.

It was not immediately clear whether Priebus, then Trump’s chief of staff, was the one who instructed Gorka to speak with Wolff. Doing so would contradict what other White House officials, including President Trump, have said about the level of access Wolff had to the president and his aides.

Reached by text message on Monday about his claim that someone in the White House requested his cooperation with the author, Gorka responded, “No comment.”

…….

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.