Ex-White House stenographer: Trump is ‘lying to the American people’

Source: source | July 18, 2018 | John Bowden

Beck Dorey-Stein, who worked as a stenographer for the White House during the second half of the Obama administration, told CNN’s New Day on Wednesday that Trump’s refusal to allow stenographers in the room for meetings and interviews with some journalists crossed a line.

“I quit because I couldn’t be proud of where I worked anymore,” Dorey-Stein said. “I felt like President Trump was lying to the American people, and also … not even trying to tell the truth. He wasn’t even going the extra mile to have the stenographers in the room”

In an op-ed for The New York Times, Dorey-Stein added that Trump’s dislike for microphones “near his face” resulted in her office having less access to the Oval Office, in many cases resulting in no stenographer being present for press conferences or meetings.

……..

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #24567

EVERYDAY #24574

As if we didn’t already know he lies “bigly.” Sounds about right that he doesn’t like to be recorded. If he is recorded, it’s harder for him to lie. I suppose he thought about lying about what he said in Helsinki, but he couldn’t because it was all recorded. So he had to say he misspoke. Yeah, right.

I’m guessing that’s why Trump’s legal team fought tooth and nail against any possibility an interview by Mueller would be recorded.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.