Fauci: Biden is correct that worst of COVID pandemic yet to come

Source: The Hill | December 27, 2020 | John Bowden

The U.S. is headed for the worst of the coronavirus pandemic in the weeks ahead as Americans see the effects of the holiday travel boom, Anthony Fauci said early Sunday.

Fauci, a member of President Trump’s coronavirus task force, told CNN’s “State of the Union” that he agreed with President-elect Joe Biden’s warning that cases are expected to surge as a result of families gathering for the holiday season.

“As we have gone from the late fall to the early winter, the numbers really are quite troubling,” Fauci said.

“With the hospitalizations over 120,000, we really are a critical stage,” he said, before adding of Christmas gatherings: “Even though we advise not to, it’s going to happen.”

He went on to predict that with the distribution of both Pfizer and Moderna’s COVID-19 vaccines in the upcoming months, U.S. health experts should see the general population reach significant herd immunity by the end of next summer.

“I think that’s probably going to be by the middle to the end of next summer so that I hope…by the fall we reach that critical percentage of people,” Fauci said.

……..

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #45693

EVERYDAY #45694

Of course. As long as arrogant Trumpists continue to defy the CDC recommendations and refuse to wear masks, gather in large groups with people not in their household, travel, practice social distancing, stay home or practice simple good hygiene, this virus will continue to spread.

Of course, why should they do the right things when their leaders, Trump and Pence don’t?

It all boils down to selfishness. I’ve seen an increase in selfishness even before Trump came along, but now selfishness is out of control. Tell a Trumpy that wearing a mask provides some protection for others, including their loved ones and you’ll get a blank stare. These people are now narcissists just like their leader.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.