Former Fox News anchor: Trump tried to kiss me on the lips

Source: The Hill | December 8, 2017 | Avery Anapol

A former Fox News anchor said Friday that President Trump tried to kiss her in an elevator in “2005 or 2006,” which she said surprised her but did not make her feel threatened.

It’s unclear whether Trump was married at the time since the former anchor, Juliet Huddy, does not recall the exact date, Page Six reported.

“He took me for lunch at Trump Tower, just us two,” Huddy said on Compound Media’s “Mornin’! With Bill Schulz.” “He said goodbye to me in an elevator while his security guy was there; rather than kiss me on the cheek he leaned in to kiss me on the lips. I wasn’t offended, I was kind of like, ‘Oh my god.’”

She added that she “didn’t feel threatened,” but was “surprised” that Trump tried to kiss her.

“It was a weird moment,” she said. “He never tried anything after that, and I was never alone with him.”

Huddy said that while she was not offended at the time, in hindsight she would have resisted his advances.

“Now I have matured I think I would say, ‘Woah, no,’ but at the time I was younger and I was a little shocked,” she said. “I thought maybe he didn’t mean to do it, but I was kind of making excuses.”

Trump later joked about the incident, she said. Trump appeared to acknowledge his past with Huddy in an appearance on her Fox News show, saying, “I hit on her but she blew me off.”

……..

Tagged: 

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.