Former Fox News editor to testify before Jan. 6 panel

Source: The Hill | June 10, 2022 | Dominick Mastrangelo and Rebecca Beitsch

A former top editor at Fox News said on Friday that he has been called to testify next week before the House select committee investigating the Jan. 6, 2021, attack on the U.S. Capitol.

Chris Stirewalt, who was ousted from the network following the 2020 presidential election and is now a political editor at NewsNation, said the committee had requested his testimony during its next hearing on Monday.

“I’m not in a position to tell you now what my testimony will be about, I just want to make sure that folks know that I am so that I’m not playing any hidden ball tricks,” Stirewalt said during Friday’s edition of NewsNation’s “Morning in America.”

Stirewalt was part of the team at Fox News that made the decision to call Arizona for Joe Biden on election night 2020, a move that infuriated former President Trump and his top aides, some of whom reportedly complained directly to Fox leadership about the relatively early race call.

Stirewalt left Fox News shortly thereafter.

Since his departure from Fox, Stirewalt has publicly criticized media outlets for their coverage of Trump and his unsubstantiated claims of widespread voter fraud.

“What tugs at my mind after seeing a mob of enthusiastic ignoramuses sack the Capitol, though, is whether that sophistication will come quickly enough when outlets have the means to cater to every unhealthy craving of their consumers,” Stirewalt wrote in an op-ed for the Los Angeles Times shortly after leaving Fox.

……..

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.