GMC recalling thousands of vehicles, but no parts available to fix them

Source: The Hill | July 11, 2022 | Andy Fox and Nexstar Media Wire

SMITHFIELD, Va. (WAVY) — The General Motors Corporation is recalling about 682,000 Chevrolet Equinox and GMC Terrain SUVs due to possible windshield wiper failure. 

However, GMC doesn’t have the parts to fix the problem.  

Smithfield resident John Wayne Warren can’t drive his 2015 GMC Terrain in the rain because the wipers don’t work, and the vehicles are now part of a windshield wiper failure recall. 

When Warren turns on his wipers, all you hear from the wiper housing under the hood is a click, click, click … then nothing.

In March, Warren got a GMC notice stating, “Parts to repair your vehicle are not currently available, but when parts are available, your GMC dealer will inspect the wiper module and repair or replace it as necessary.”

The repair or replacement will be done at no charge, the recall notice added.

“That is what I don’t understand. They told me the parts aren’t available and had no clue when they were going to get the parts,” said Warren. 

Warren’s wipers stopped working two weeks after he received the recall notice.

“My fiance was going down the road in heavy rain, and the wipers stopped working. She had to pull over and wait for the rain to stop,” he said.

……..

GMC stated: “We have announced the recall, but we are not executing it because we need to have our suppliers build the parts to begin repairs. We apologize for any inconvenience. We understand concerns and frustration.”

Warren also has an annual car inspection due in August that he is expected to fail without the wipers working.

……..

Tagged: ,

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.