GOP baseball practice shooter identified as 66-year-old James T. Hodgkinson

Source: Raw Story | June 14, 2017 | Brad Reed

The man who shot at Republicans at their early morning baseball practice Wednesday has been identified as 66-year-old  James T. Hodgkinson.

The Washington Post reports that Hodgkinson is a resident of Belleville, Illinois and is the owner of a home inspection business. Records in St. Clair County, Illinois show that Hodgkinson in  April 2006 was charged with battery and aiding damage to a motor vehicle.

His Twitter profile shows that Hodgkinson is a left-wing supporter of Bernie Sanders who has also posted several memes on his Facebook page critical of President Donald Trump. He also called Georgia Republican congressional candidate Karen Handel a “b*tch” for saying she didn’t support a living wage during a debate with Democratic rival Jon Ossoff.

…….

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #16604

Consistent #16605

Consistent #16606

Consistent #16611

Consistent #16613

ConservativeGranny #16622

From his past record he sounds like a loose cannon ready to go off over something. If it wasn’t this it would have been something else. There are so many of these type of people in our society. I’ve run across one or two of them. Recently encountered a guy with road rage. They are angry disturbed people who are looking for a fight for any reason.

EVERYDAY #16623

Not that it matters, Granny. I’m reading plenty of vitriol from Democrats, Trump fans, and more than a few Never Trumpers. Everyone it seems is pointing fingers at everyone else. They will not acknowledge that mass shooters come from all over the political spectrum (some have no discernable political affiliation at all), and they ignore the fact that these shooters have a mental illness, for which, after years of research, we still have no effective treatment. Instead of arguing politics, we should be making monumental efforts to get these people help. Then maybe we can prevent these incidents, or at least lessen their occurrence.

And as much as I detest Bernie Sanders’ politics, I do feel sympathy for the guy in this matter. He had to make a public statement distancing himself from the shooter and the mass violence he inflicted.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 10 months ago by EVERYDAY.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.