Graham says he's open minded on supporting impeachment: 'Sure, I mean show me something that is a crime'

Source: The Hill | October 21, 2019 | Aris Folley

Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.), one of President Trump’s most vocal supporters on a variety of issues, said in a recent interview that he is open-minded about supporting impeachment.

“Sure, I mean show me something that is a crime. If you could show me that, you know, Trump actually was engaging in a quid pro quo outside the phone call, that would be very disturbing,” the South Carolina Republican said on “Axios on HBO.”

……..

Graham maintained in the new interview, however, that he has “read the transcript of the Ukrainian phone call” and he does not believe there was a “quid pro quo.” 

However, Graham also said  that he thought it was “stupid” for Trump to later ask China to investigate the former vice president and his son, Hunter, both of whom have not yet been find to have committed actions of wrongdoing in Ukraine.

“As to asking China to look into Biden — that was stupid. Nobody believes that China would be fair to Biden, Trump, me or you, or anybody. Bad idea,” the senator said.

…….

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.