Grassley doesn't see how Judiciary 'can avoid' obstruction probe

Source: The Hill | June 21, 2017 | John Bowden

Sen. Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa) told CNN on Wednesday that the Senate Judiciary Committee will likely investigate whether President Trump obstructed justice by firing former FBI Director James Comey.

Asked by CNN’s Manu Raju if the obstruction probe was one of the areas that the committee could investigate without conflicting with other Senate and House committees, Grassley replied, “I think that everything’s on the table.”

Grassley also hinted in an earlier interview with Politico that obstruction of justice would be one of the areas his committee would pursue.

“I don’t want to say for sure. But I don’t know how you can avoid it,” Grassley he told Politico regarding the possibility of an obstruction probe. “Because the FBI was investigating it before there was a special counsel.”

Grassley and fellow Judiciary Committee member Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.) met with special counsel Robert Mueller on Wednesday to ensure that their investigations aren’t conflicting with the special counsel’s investigation.

……

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.