It Would Be Better for Republicans to Do Nothing Than to Pass Their Swampcare Pl

Source: The Resurgent | March 8, 2017 | Erick Erickson

It Would Be Better for Republicans to Do Nothing Than to Pass Their Swampcare Plan

I want you to listen to Tammy, a caller to my radio program last night. She is a swing voter. She voted for the Democrats until Obamacare jacked up her insurance and healthcare costs. She turned to the GOP to fix it. They did not. So she turned to Donald Trump, believing he would get rid of Obamacare. Now she does not know where to turn, correctly believing the GOP is breaking their word to her.

….

But if Republicans pass swampcare, they will own each and every failure in the American healthcare system. Changing one line of Obamacare would force the GOP to own it, and the GOP would be unable to withstand the media blowback.

If, however, the Republicans do nothing but let Obamacare exist, they will let it crumble and fail, and they can blame President Obama. They can continue to say I told you so. They can continue to pressure their hold out Republican colleagues for better legislation that does repeal Obamacare.

….

The Republicans will break their promises one way or the other. But breaking their promises and escaping blame for the collapse of America’s healthcare would be far better than owning the suck.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.