Judge delays Fox News vs. Dominion trial by one day

Source: The Hill | April 16, 2023 | Dominick Mastrangelo

A judge in Delaware said late Sunday he would delay by 24 hours the beginning of a blockbuster trial in Dominion Voting Systems’ defamation lawsuit against Fox News.

“The Court has decided to continue the start of the trial, including jury selection, until Tuesday, April 18, 2023 at 9:00 a.m.,” Superior Court Judge Eric Davis said in a statement.

Davis gave no further details on why a delay was necessary.

Dominion is suing Fox over its coverage of the 2020 presidential election and former president Trump’s false claims about its software, which the company alleges the network aired even though it knew they were false.

……..

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #57819

Consistent #57820

EVERYDAY #57822

Sounds to me like Dominion has a strong case and I would love to see the company hit Fox very hard in the wallet. But having worked for attorneys, I understand these settlements “on the courthouse steps” as they are called. If Dominion wins, you know that Fox will appeal and appeal forever. Fox has the deep pockets to do so, but I doubt Dominion does, especially if, as it has claimed in the lawsuit, the company has lost huge amounts of money as a result of Fox’s lies. So it may be advantageous to Dominion to settle if the offer is right.

If there is a settlement, I’d like for it to include a requirement that Fox and its alleged “journalists” admi that they lied about the stolen election and Dominion’s supposed role in it and that there be a provision forbidding the channel and its people from spreading false stories about Dominion and the election ever again. If they do, some severe consequences should be laid out in the agreement.

And Fox should be required to reimburse Dominion for its legal fees and expenses in this matter in addition to whatever settlement amount is agreed to.

Of course, there will be disappointment if the case settles. But Dominion did achieve one great thing: it exposed Fox and its yappetrs for the lying, conniving, SOBs they are. Foolish people who continue to watch the channel and believe its lies will have only themselves to blame when they suffer the consequences.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.