Kid Rock: 'F— no, I'm not running for Senate'

Source: The Hill | October 24, 2017 | Judy Kurtz

Kid Rock is ending months of speculation about a possible Senate bid, saying, “F— no, I’m not running for Senate.”

“Are you f—ing kidding me? Who couldn’t figure that out?” the “All Summer Long” singer said on Howard Stern’s SiriusXM radio show on Tuesday.

“I’m releasing a new album. I’m going on tour, too. Are you f—ing shitting me?” he asked Stern.

The performer, whose real name is Robert Ritchie, had flirted for months with a possible Republican bid against Michigan Sen. Debbie Stabenow, hawking “Kid Rock for U.S. Senate” T-shirts and criticizing the Democrat, saying Americans were “sick and tired” of “bullshit” from politicians.

“We start going with it, everyone gets their panties in a bunch,” Ritchie said Tuesday of the chatter. 

He said he gave some of his team a heads up that an entry into politics wasn’t actually happening.

“I have people that work for me, they’re on the in, I’m like, ‘F— no we’re not doing it. But let’s roll with it for a little while. This is awesome.’”

Asked whether it’s a “strange position” for a musician to get political, Ritchie replied, “It’s the worst advice that I ever gave myself. But it’s been the most creative thing I’ve ever done. And I’ve gotten to see everyone’s true colors.”

…….

“If they keep f–king with me in the papers and everything, I’m going to run,” a laughing Ritchie said. “And I’m going to go to f–king DC, I’m going to beat the shit out of Debbie — whatever the f–k her name is — and then I’m going to go to D.C. and I’m going to smack the living shit out of all of them motherf–kers on the Hill.” 

…….

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.