Lawsuit alleges ‘coordinated campaign of vigilante voter intimidation’ in AZ

Source: The Hill | October 25, 2022 | Brad Dress

Lawsuit alleges ‘coordinated campaign of vigilante voter intimidation’ in Arizona

A new lawsuit filed in an Arizona federal court alleges an organization called Clean Elections USA has engaged in a “coordinated campaign” to intimidate voters from depositing ballots at drop boxes in Maricopa County through the use of armed vigilantes.

The Arizona Alliance for Retired Americans and the national organization Voto Latino said in a complaint filed Monday that at least five times last week armed and sometimes masked supporters of Clean Elections USA have intimidated voters at ballot boxes.

The lawsuit directly accuses Clean Elections USA founder Melody Jennings of orchestrating a campaign to intimidate voters, which they said violates the Voting Rights Act of 1965 and the Ku Klux Klan Act of 1871 preventing conspiracies and acts of intimidation that threaten voters.

The groups are asking for an immediate temporary restraining order halting the activity.

“Defendants’ organized vigilante groups have already turned away voters,” the complaint reads. “In the current charged political climate, Defendants’ actions carry with them exacerbated threats.”

……..

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #56272

EVERYDAY #56277

Law enforcement should arrest these individuals. And some of them have covers over their license plates. I don’t know about other states, but covering your license plate is illegal in Pennsylvania.

I voted by mail, but if I was being intimidated or harassed at a drop box or at the polls, the perpetrator would get a knot on the side of his head from my cane.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.