Lincoln Project ad features former Navy SEAL: 'Trump is not conservative'

Source: The Hill | July 27, 2020 | Rebecca Klar

The Lincoln Project released another ad slamming President Trump on Monday, this time featuring a former Navy SEAL who said the president is not a real conservative.

Dan Barkhuff, a former Navy Seal and ER doctor, criticizes Trump for disrespecting the Constitution and conservative values in the ad, the second to feature him. Barkhuff is the founder of Veterans for Responsible Leadership.

The Lincoln Project is run by Republicans opposed to Trump, including George Conway, the Washington lawyer married to White House counselor Kellyanne Conway.

“I’m an American combat veteran and a conservative. I don’t agree with Joe Biden on many issues. But one thing that we agree on is we are a nation of laws and the Constitution is a sacred document. It’s a document I fought for and some of my friends died for,” Barkhuff says in the ad.

Trump, he adds, shows “no such respect for the Constitution.”

“He and his cronies disrespect freedom of assembly, due process and states rights,” Barkhuff says, as the ad flashes to video clips of recent Black Lives Matter protests and federal officials detaining demonstrators. 

The ad also flashed to a clip of Trump and several administration officials standing outside St. John’s Church, with Trump holding a Bible, that was taken after demonstrators were forcibly removed from Lafayette Square. 

………

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #41451

EVERYDAY #41453

With all due respect to Dr. Barkhuff, voting for Biden will not be a vote for the Constitution. The Democrats have ignored the Constitution themselves in several areas. They regard the Constitution as an old piece of paper that requires constant reinterpretation to fulfill their own agendas. For example, I was told by one Democrat that reparations for slavery is a Constitutional right. I have yet to find that right in the Constitution. Should Biden win the presidency and the Democrats take control of the senate, while retaining the house, you will see all sort of laws passed to accomplish the Democrat agenda which will be sold as rights guaranteed by the Constitution.

Sorry, Doctor, but while I can’t vote for Trump, I can’t vote for Biden or any other Democrat either.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.