Matt Walsh: Today is the real women’s — and men’s — march

Source: The Blaze | January 27, 2017 | Matt Walsh

Today I’ll be at the March For Life in DC. I expect it to be different from the march that took over the city last week in a few important ways:

First, there won’t be nearly as many news cameras.

Second, there won’t be any vagina costumes or vagina signs or vagina hats. There won’t be any reproductive organs on display at all, except perhaps by the counter protesters. The participants will be putting their message — not their genitals — forward.

Third, the speakers won’t be going on any vulgar or profane tirades. The march will be family friendly.

Fourth, there won’t be any discussion of blowing up the White House.

Fifth, the marchers will not be demanding any special entitlements. They will not be looking for free birth control, or free tampons, or free anything. They will not be making any personal demands, because this march is not about them. The people who make their voices heard today do so not for their own sake. They do so for the sake of those who cannot speak for themselves.

The march participants stand to gain nothing from this. Their motivations cannot be selfish because their demands are not self-serving. Every single person — hundreds of thousands of them — will be marching in the place of someone else. The march last week, and so many others of its type, have been made up mostly of people saying, “Do such and such for me. Give me something. Help me. Me. Me. Me.” But the March For Life is different. The March For Life says, “Do this for them. Give them a chance. Give them their rights. Help them. Them. Them. Them.”

And the “them,” of course, are pre-born children. Whereas the people at the so-called Women’s March said, “Forget them, let them die,” we at the March For Life say, “Remember them, let them live.” These are the two competing points of view. Here is the great dividing line in our culture. The question is asked and must be answered: “Should these children be given a chance to live or not?” How you answer that question will determine on which side of the line you belong.

…..

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #13155

Consistent #13156

EVERYDAY #13157

Hoping the tide turns in this country. Between abortion and legalized sodomy, the US is headed for the abyss. We have to go back to being One Nation Under God.

Consistent #13158

Consistent #13159

Consistent #13161

Sen. Cruz Thanks Pro-Life Marchers for Unwavering Support for Life
    Praises March for Life 2017; Cosponsors Born-Alive Legislation

WASHINGTON, D.C. – U.S. Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) today released the following statement in recognition of the March for Life, where millions of Americans will gather in D.C. and across the nation in defense of policies at all levels of government that defend innocent life:

“As millions of Americans gather in D.C. and cities all across the country today to recognize the fundamental right to life, we mourn and remember the 57 million innocent, unborn lives that have been ended by abortion since Roe v. Wade was decided 44 years ago. I want to thank all who are marching today and all who are fighting tirelessly to rectify this injustice and defend the unborn. Their heroic efforts continue to speak the truth in love and make great strides in restoring the sanctity of life throughout the 50 states. I stand with you all and remain firmly committed to efforts that will minimize and, hopefully one day, put an end to the scourge of abortion upon our society. With your efforts we can bring a light of hope and restore a culture of life in America. Each life is a gift from God. Without life, there is no liberty. So today, and every day, we stand united for life, and we resolve to always cherish and defend it.”

Sen. Cruz has been a leader in efforts to defend life throughout his career. Earlier this week, he joined with colleagues to reintroduce the Born-Alive Abortion Survivors Protection Act, sponsored by Sen. Ben Sasse, which requires that a child born alive as a result of an abortion must be given the same degree of health care as any other child born alive at that gestational stage. He also advocated last Friday in a Senate resolution to reinstate the Mexico City policy to ensure that American taxpayer dollars are not spent to promote abortion in foreign countries. After years of not being enforced under the Obama Administration, President Donald Trump reinstated the Mexico City policy via executive order earlier this week.

In the U.S. Senate, Sen. Cruz has led efforts to take away taxpayer dollars from Planned Parenthood and advocated for an investigation into abortion practices in the U.S. to put a stop to facilities and doctors illegally performing late term abortions and infanticide. As Solicitor General of Texas he led the charge on behalf of 13 states to successfully defend a federal law that bans partial birth abortion before the U.S. Supreme Court.

# # #

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.