Musk makes it official, names Linda Yaccarino new Twitter CEO

Source: The Hill | May 12, 2023 | Julia Shapero

Elon Musk announced Friday that former NBCUniversal advertising chief Linda Yaccarino will take over as CEO of Twitter.

“I am excited to welcome Linda Yaccarino as the new CEO of Twitter!” he tweeted. “@LindaYacc will focus primarily on business operations, while I focus on product design & new technology. Looking forward to working with Linda to transform this platform into X, the everything app.”

The billionaire teased the announcement on Thursday, saying the new CEO would start in about six weeks while he would transition into the role of executive chair and chief technology officer.

NBCUniversal announced Yaccarino’s departure from the company earlier on Friday.

“It has been an absolute honor to be part of Comcast NBCUniversal and lead the most incredible team,” Yaccarino said in a statement. “We’ve transformed our company and the entire industry—and I am so proud of what we’ve accomplished together.”

……..

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #57978

EVERYDAY #57979

Don’t know if it will make a difference. I expect Yaccarino will continue Musk’s efforts to run Twitter into the ground.

I have Comcast as my cable provider. Wonder if Yaccarino will institute exorbitant charges to Twitter users as Comcast has for its customers.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.